Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Camera and a trip

 As you probably already know, I have been wanting to get a big-girl camera for quite some time now. And now, it's finally happened! I've been saving up my profits from the craft fairs from last year, and when the camera I had my eye on went on sale at Best Buy last week, I decided to pull the trigger. I'm the proud new owner of the Canon Rebel T3i! 

Being as I'm no professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, I thought it would be best to test out the new camera on a subject that is pretty hard to take a bad photo of. Thankfully, living in Southern California has its perks, one of which is beautiful beaches. So Ryan and I spent the afternoon in Malibu exploring some beaches and eating at the beach-side seafood restaurant where we had our first date. It was lots of fun and I'm getting the hang of the new camera. I still need to take a class or something, but I'm excited to learn! Feel free to offer any pointers you may have. :)







And then there's always this guy to make a picture look good.


This was his "a man and the sea" pose:


That's all for now. Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH yay!! I'm so glad you got it!!! Can't wait to see more pics. And OMG Ryan is clean shaven with a spiffy new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't even tell me he was shaving it! I got home from work and let out a little yelp when I saw him, haha! I like it though! :)

      Delete