Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Craft Fair Success!

Huge thanks to everyone for the kind e-mails and comments about the Kingsburg Festival - it was a success!  We had a great time participating in the fair and had a great view for the Maypole rising and dancing. The parade was pretty darn cute too.

Here are a few pictures from the fun weekend.

My favorite little viking:


Booth setup complete, thumbs up!


The headbands didn't sell quite as well as they did at the Lucia fair, but I also think people weren't in as much of the "buying" mood as Lucia since it wasn't Christmas season.


My crafting partner, Beth, hand-etched these awesome vases, glasses, and more.  Check out that sweet viking glass!



I made some last-minute garland for decor from some jute webbing (which I think looks Scandinavian!) from Joann's for only 79 cents a yard!


I dressed up in one of my mom's Swedish costumes. [I didn't get a picture of the entire outfit, unfortunately] Ryan was quite the good sport to dress up himself. I'm such a lucky gal.


And along with the hand-stenciled viking and Dala onesies, I stenciled some children's aprons too. 


The town of Kingsburg was so cute...even the McDonalds had a Dala in front!!


Overall, we had a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad we got the chance to participate in this great fair and will definitely be back!

Be sure to check out the Midsommar festival in Vasa Park here in the LA area if you live nearby...we will have a booth there on June 23!

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the children's aprons yet, very cute. And you are already going to have your 3rd fair in less than a year(!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your booth looks so inviting; I just want to walk in and buy a set of coasters and one of those darling headbands! Would love to see a picture of the Swedish costumes (your Mom has more than one???) What area are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight to hear the happiness in your "voice" as I read this post. And I am very happy to hear that the fair was a success and most importantly that you had fun.

    LOVED all the pictures of your booth and your sweetheart - and especially the shot of you with your "favorite little viking"!

    ReplyDelete