Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rosettes and life

Remember Erica's post from last year's Scandinavian Christmas series about these little Norwegian gems called rosettes?  If you don't remember, or have never had one before, I urge you to follow the link back to her guest post because these little suckers are delicious.

I hit the jackpot this week.  My mom found her old rosette iron and mailed it to me (thank you, flat rate shipping), yay!!! I am super stoked to try it out.  I have eaten my fair share of rosettes in the past, but have yet to make them on my own.  I will be sure to check in and post after my first batch.


As for my week, it's been going pretty well besides the fact that I got hit hard with a ridiculous cold last night.  I felt it coming on Sunday and was hoping it would just pass...but alas, it looks like it is here to stay for a few days.  Thankfully, I have some NyQuil for tonight - I had a horrible time trying to sleep last night.

Enough about colds, life is pretty great right now so I shouldn't complain about some silly little cold.  Ryan has been getting a lot of job interviews so we are very encouraged and blessed.  Plus, the weather here has finally cooled down so I can once again wear jeans on a daily basis (my fave thing to wear), yes!!! Tomorrow is already Thursday which means it's practically Friday and the weekend will be here before I know it.  I hope you all are enjoying your week!


2 comments:

  1. My dad is the rosette maker in our family... every single year! It's probably my favorite holiday goodie...

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosettes are one of the prettiest holiday treats - and tasty! You are going to have some fun with your set!!!

    ReplyDelete