Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More muffins...

Ok, I know I just posted about muffins...but I'm doing it again.  

Tonight I made some corn and molasses muffins from Mollie Katzen's Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook. (sidebar: this is one of my all-time favorite cookbooks , also a huge fan of her Moosewood Cookbook.  Both have amazing vegetarian/vegan recipes that are quite tasty).  





I used blue and yellow muffin liners - go Sweden! 

Corn & Molasses Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
scant 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yellow cornmeal

1 egg
5 Tbl butter melted
4 Tbl molasses
3 Tbl sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
dash of cinnamon 

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.  Make a well in the center.  Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  Pour the wet ingredients into the well and mix just until combined.  

Pour into 12 regular-sized muffin cups (I lined mine) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes before eating.


This is my all-time favorite toothpick holder that my Grandma gave me a while back.  She's always had one just like it in her kitchen.  I think of her every time I use it - thanks Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment