Monday, March 7, 2011

New toys

Time is flying around here. I can't believe my last post was over a week ago, where has time gone?! Japan is keeping me busy, I'm trying to cram in all that I can before I head back home in just 1 short month.

One of the things I've packed in already is stocking up on Japanese craft items. I've been searching for a "handmade" stamp that I could use for tags when I do another craft fair and I finally found [a reasonable] one! I've found a few others but they were over $10?! No thanks.

This little gem came with another stamp, both for $5 - success!


I'm looking forward to stamping away to my heart's content making cute little gift tags! I want to do the Los Angeles Unique LA craft fair again. My roommate and I did the Holiday fair 2 Christmases ago and had tons of fun! It was our first craft show ever and I loved it. I've been wanting to do another ever since.

Anyway, back to Japanese craft items. Washi tape. I already have quite the variety ready to take back home with me but when I saw these adorable Spring designs I snatched them up.


Washi tape is so versatile, you can jazz up just about anything with it.


I had a washi tape giveaway a while back and posted various ideas of how to use it.

I love the little flags, they would be adorable in cupcakes.

And since Easter is just around the corner, I love this idea from the blog To Be Charmed:
I will certainly miss all the super adorable Japanese craft supplies. Luckily there are quite a few Etsy shops that sell washi tape and Japanese fabric!

4 comments:

  1. Love the stamp! Japan definitely seems to be the place for all things crafty... good idea to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp is fabulous! I have never seen one like it. So lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn it's so funny - every time I talk to Gram she talks about you, the time she spends with you, baking with you, Fika parties, various stories. It's neat to see this knowing that your crafty (or at least your baking) side have been such a neat way to bond with your grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Lisa - Gram is full of baking knowledge and I've only tapped a small portion of all she knows! She always told me how excited she was for the new great-grandchild was to arrive! :) He is soo sweet, I can't wait to meet him in person one of these days!

    ReplyDelete