Thursday, June 10, 2010

1 year until we're MARRIED!!


In 1 year, I get to marry this guy!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to get hitched to Ryan, he's the best!

We decided to have a little pre-annivseray celebration and went to Mashiko, a small town known for its pottery.

The main drag had tons of pottery shops and galleries. It was lots of fun looking through hundreds of clay pots, cups and peices of art.




Of course, we wanted to start the day off right, so we went to a local cafe for some coffee and lunch...and cake. Delicious cake.





Next up? Make some pottery! Ok, Ryan wasn't quite as interested in doing pottery as I was, so he went to a museum down the road from this little pottery studio. Before we left, I had done some research on an English speaking pottery class. Unfortunately, it was no where to be found when we arrived. Luckily, we stumbled across this place, and even though my instructor only spoke roughly 10 English words (hello, yes, no, stop, be gentle...), I muddled through my lesson and made 3 pieces. One bowl and two "cups". I say "cups" only because you could fit at least 3 cups of normal coffee in each of the two "cups" I made. Good thing I like lots of coffee.
The class and experience were so much fun! I would love to try it again sometime. I won't have the finished pieces for about a month (at least that's what I think she was trying to say), but I'm so excited to have pieces that I've actually made! For the bowl and one "cup" I chose a black glaze, and for the other "cup" I chose a natural glaze. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment