Saturday, May 29, 2010

The bear


Here he is! Not quite finished, as you can see. He's been stuffed, sewn and ready for his face to be embroidered. I'm practicing before I embroider right on his face. It'd be a pity to mess it up now. I'm using the pattern for the flat ted bear from Zoe Mellor's Knitted Toys. She doesn't give any instructions for how to embroider the face, and I'm no pro at that stuff...so yes, I'm worried I'm going to mess it up. No one wants a creepy-faced teddy bear. Wish me luck.
After a little embroidery practicing, I'm going to attempt needle felting this weekend. Everytime I go to the fabric store here, there are these cute-but-kinda-weird prepackaged felting kits to make little animals, people, food, ect. I can't quite make up my mind about them so I'm going to just make one. And although I might not be a fan of the felted toy-things, I think I will definitely like needle felting on fabric. I have this really neat felted bag that my sister got me in Sweden, and I would love to be able to recreate a version of it. I also really think this needle felted bag is pretty adorable. Ah...the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment